The Nurse Observer Role
ETM recognises the unique contribution of emergency nurses to the initial management of trauma patients and welcomes nurse observers to the ETM Course.
Observers are not assessed on the course, although they are required to complete the pre and post-course MCQs. Observers are not required to complete the OSCEs on days 1 and 3.
Included in the course price:
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Evening social function with drinks and finger food on Day 1
- Opportunity to meet and network with colleagues from across Australasia
- Certificate of attendance (22 hours)
Run over 3 full days, course sessions will include:
- Pre and post course MCQs
- Access to the ETM online course manual
- Short, focused lectures
- Observing skills workshops
- Small group interactive sessions
- Participating in a nursing role in Simulation/scenarios
- Expert instructors with first hand Emergency Department trauma experience
Level of experience required
Nurse Observers will be Senior nurses in Emergency with a post graduate certificate in Emergency or Critical Care Nursing and experience in simulation/education. Some experience working in a major/regional trauma centre is essential.
$550 (including GST)
Course date and venue information
For further information regarding course dates and venue locations, please click here.