About ETM Course
ETM Course was launched in November 2013 and brings a fresh approach to the teaching of trauma management in the Emergency Department. The course has developed a strong reputation for having the most up-to-date, relevant and practical trauma content of any available short course in this field.
Features of the 3-day face-to-face course
- A comprehensive online course manual
- Pre-course online lectures
- Short, focused, interactive lectures and case-based discussion sessions
- Interactive small group and procedural skill sessions
- Simulation scenarios
- Specific teaching on the modern, team-based approach to trauma
Cost per registration
- RMO/Registrar/Consultant/GP: $2950 inc GST
- Nurse Observer: $550 inc GST
Included in the course price
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Evening social function on Day 1 including drinks and finger food
- Opportunity to meet and network with colleagues from across Australasia
An outline of the ETM Course structure and content can be viewed on the ETM Course Participant Timetable (PDF).
Course start/finish times
- Day 1: 08:00 hrs to 1700 hrs
- Day 2: 08:00 hrs – 1700 hrs
- Day 3: 08:00 hrs – 1515 hrs
Who is the course for?
The course is specifically targeted at mid-to-advanced level Australasian Emergency Medicine trainees but it is also of high relevance and practical utility to registrars and fellows of all specialties involved in trauma reception and resuscitation, including:
- Rural GPs
- Anaesthetic trainees
- ICU trainees
- Surgical trainees
- Trauma Registrars (adult and paediatric)
Registrants must be PGY 2 or above with AT LEAST 6 months Emergency Department experience.